Progressive Mentorship has developed an in depth body art course for the Public Health Inspector. The layout of this class has been constructed by the common questions we are asked most frequently by PHI's. We know it's intimidating walking into some tattoo and piercing studios and we strongly believe that once you attend this class you'll have more confidence executing your inspections.
Taught by accredited instructors with over 15 years of tattoo/piercing business ownership, and working as professional practitioners within their fields. This full day seminar will help PHI's understand the correct terminology and work flow within a common tattoo and piercing studio. Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- Conversation vs. Confrontation. Understanding the practitioner and how to build a lasting bond.
- What is Body Modification? Discussion about tattoos, piercings, scarification, branding, suspension, implants, and many other modifications.
- An introduction to common tattoo equipment including tattoo machines, needles, clip cords, power supplies, inks etc.
- An introduction to piercing equipment including forceps, jewelry, needles, tapers etc.
- Infection prevention and control within a body art environment.
- Understanding personal protective equipment for the tattoo and piercing industry.
- Sterilization from start to finish. Including proper room set up and work flow.
- Proper documentation for client records and spore testing.
- Studio set up. Looking for common errors and correcting them.
- A virtual walk through of a tattoo and piercing studio.
- Further guidance links and contacts
Price - $995.00 Full Day Presentation (Contact us to request a date)
*This course will be presented in the comfort of your own workplace for up to 40 PHI's. Please contact us about rates for larger classes. Travel expenses and accommodations may be required. A certificate of attendance and a paper copy of the PowerPoint presentation will be provided. Progressive Mentorship will also provide our own audio/visual equipment including a portable screen if necessary.
Please contact Progressive Mentorship for further information.